Water Based and Discharge Printing
Water based and discharge screen printing is the way to achieve a soft print that feels like it is part of the fabric. We can reproduce your complex multi-colored graphics, print various shades of water based metallic ink, and print over seams and off of the bottom of the shirt. This ink type works best on 100% cotton fabric.
Waterbase (also known as discharge printing when used on dark fabrics) is the preferred print method that satisfied the discerning tastes of our clients. Quality is one of our main concerns, and a big part of why we have such a loyal customer base. You can rest assured that our exacting standards allow us to screen print your designs right.
The following articles are highly recommended reading about the advantages and limitations of printing with waterbased inks.
- Metallic Shimmer Inks vs Foil prints
- Rant – Kevin Tong design for The Cult, The Official Chuck Palahniuk Website
- Puffy Print: “I love Hamburgers” for BurgerJunkies.com
- Fresh Print: Endless Tribute (and a close look at the new Gildan Colors!)
- Poly-cotton Blends, Cobalt Dyes, Waterbased Discharge, & YOU!
Gallery of Waterbased Prints